- About Us
- Hair Preparation Guidelines
Hair Donation Ottawa raises funds for cutting edge child cancer research and empowers kids with hair loss by providing them with free wigs.
What we do:
Hair Donation Ottawa is an annual, non-profit, cancer research fundraiser where people raise pledges for donating their hair and/or shaving their heads & they receive a wash, cut and style or shave. Participating hair stylists from various Ottawa & area salons, as well as teaching staff and students from the Algonquin College Hair Stylist program, volunteer their time for this cause.
Proceeds Go Towards:
• Cutting Edge Childhood Cancer Research at the CHEO Research Institute.
• Two annual $500 Bursaries to financially challenged Algonquin College Hair Stylist Program students to help offset their tuition fees and/or text books.
• All suitable hair donations go towards the custom manufacture & fitting & of approx. 10 free wigs a year for financially challenged children in Ottawa & region who are experiencing hair loss for a variety of medical reasons.
• We proudly support Green Circle Salons: All hair unsuitable for the wig-making process is sent off to be made into Hair Booms for oil spills on the world’s beaches, lakes & oceans.
• The manufacture and supply of free a trendy head scarf for every CHEO patient that needs one.
2 x $500 Bursaries to Algonquin
CHEO Foundation: CHEO Research Institute
The CHEO Foundation is the fundraising arm of the Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario. The CHEO Foundation supports the work being done by the doctors, nurses and staff at CHEO by funding new medical equipment, pediatric programs and life-saving research. Donor dollars are also used to continually improve the family-friendly environment that CHEO families have come to count on. www.cheofoundation.com.
The CHEO Research Institute is the research arm of CHEO that works to create new knowledge and evidence to help provide the world-class care that CHEO is known for. Research at CHEO covers cancer and a full spectrum of pediatric topics. The vision of the CHEO Research Institute is: Discoveries today for healthier kids tomorrow. For more information visit www.cheori.org.