Hair Preparation Guidelines for Wig Donations:
- Hair for wig donations must measure at least 6 inches in length.
- All hair types are accepted, including natural, treated, and grey/white hair.
- Hair cut prior to the event is usable (even if it is several years old), as long as it was properly cleaned and dried beforehand and has been stored in a ponytail or braid.
- Curly hair may be pulled straight to measure the minimum length of 6 inches for wig donations.
- Hair that is swept off the floor is not usable for wig donations.
- Hair that is shaved off and is not in a ponytail or braid is not usable for wig donations.
- We cannot accept dreadlocks, wigs, falls, hair extensions or synthetic hair.
- All hair for wig donations must be properly washed and dried. Students from the Algonquin College Hair Stylists program will shampoo and prep your hair prior to your styling appointment at the event.
- All other hair (shorter than 6 inches in length, beard trimmings, scrap pieces of hair, etc.) will be used towards the Green Circle Salons sustainable green initiatives. Find out more about the Green Circle Salons program by clicking here.
- If you have any further questions relating to hair preparation for wig donations, please contact Caralyn’s Wigs at 613-224-7206 or firstname.lastname@example.org.