HAIR PREPARATION GUIDELINES - FOR EVENTS BEFORE OR AFTER OUR MAIN APRIL EVENT &/OR FOR MAILED IN HAIR DONATIONS:
- We are NO LONGER accepting mailed in hair donations from NON fundraisers.
- Minimum 14" length BETWEEN the elastics - NO EXCEPTIONS
- Hair cut years ago is usable if it has been stored in a ponytail or braid.
- Curly hair may be pulled straight to measure the minimum of 14 inches and up.
- Hair that is swept off the floor is not usable.
- Hair that is shaved off and is not in a ponytail or braid is not usable.
- We cannot accept dreadlocks, wigs, falls, hair extensions or synthetic hair.
- Please ensure your hair has been washed and thoroughly blow-dried before it is cut at your local hair salon. Your hair stylist will do the following:
- Secure ponytails or braids with tight rubber bands at both ends. A second hair band can be placed around the middle of the ponytail to help keep the hair together. Note: If the hair comes out of the band, it will not be usable
- Cut the hair above the rubber band NOT below.
- Make sure you have the length left on your hair that you wish to have without compromising the needed length in the donated hair.
- Place your DRY HAIR in an envelope or plastic bag and include information on the length of hair donated & the donor's name, address, date of birth & email. NOTE: Hair Donation Ottawa do NOT send a certificate of appreciation to any hair donors mailing in hair.
- You can then either drop your hair off at the Hair Donation Ottawa main April event OR mail to:
Hair Donation Ottawa
2 Hobin Street